Ready to bring each of the charm of the vintage, country cottage into the house? Take note of and apply the next five tips and you will have a lovely shabby chic home very quickly!
1. FurnitureSolid wood furniture is perfect for shabby chic decor. Painted furniture pieces can also compliment a space nicely. Basically, you need to utilize simple furniture that is certainly less decorative or ornate much like the furniture you might find in the house using a more formal home design. If you have antiques, have used them! They make great accents. Some popular antiques popular of these chic and shabby homes are pie safes, kitchen queens, and jelly cupboards.
2. ColorsAs far as colors are worried, you cannot go wrong with pastels. Using pastel colors in partnership with whites and off-whites is very common in shabby chic decorating. Painted walls in addition to patterned wallpapers can also be a powerful way to reveal that country cottage home feel.
3. FlooringOften overlooked inside grand scheme with this particular kind of design will be the floor. The most popular floor styles for this kind of decor are usually natural wood or ceramic tile. However, painted patterns plus diamond or checkered design schemes can also work very well. If you decide to paint your floors with your own individual design, make sure you add a coat of varnish ahead to protect it.
4. FabricsThe best fabrics for shabby chic design should incorporate floral patterns, stripes, and checks. Using these fabrics will help pull together the distinct look on this charming and unique style.
5. Be CreativeAlthough the suggestions here can help nudge you in the right direction, it’s extremely important which you have creative license to combine and match and experiment. There are no real rules in shabby chic design, only guidelines. So avoid being afraid to acquire creative, not to mention, have a great time!